- My Health : I know I know I am such a wimp when it comes to “American” cooking, but this past week I ate friend chicken, and though it was delicious shortly after I think it took effect on my body as I slowly began to feel stomach sick. Later that evening I was getting the chills, and going from hot to cold, and decided to go to better early and wrapped myself in blankets, wearing my beanie hat and hoodie. The next morning I woke with the bug gone, but with a major headache. I took some of them pills and after about an hour felt back to my normal self. It was weird, but amazing to see that the Lord knows that I am suppose to stay healthy and I plan on watching what I eat.
- The Ordinance of Baptism : The Monroe elders baptized a young girl of a part member family this past weekend and that itself was a wonderful sight to see. Though we haven’t baptized anyone I see that this mission really is about conversion, and every individual converts differently than the other. The Lord is preparing the hearts of these individuals, and our job is to find them. I’m grateful to be baptized in this church and grateful for the example Jesus Christ set for us to follow him.
- My Family : YOU GUYS!! This past week those families we had been teaching kinda just went who knows where! It is frustrating, but now I'm at a point where I just move on to find those who are ready. I am thankful to have such goodly parents like Nephi, and a sister as sweet as angel cake (which I made for the baptism ). Thank you fam!!!
- Exchanges : This past week I went on another exchange with the Monroe Elders with Elder Gomes and Elder Anderson. It was a great time, and I was able to teach lots of different people. If there is something that I need it is more teaching opportunities. But during this exchange it was during our studies that I found lots of new insight that I had been lacking and that I am trying to make up. These exchanges continue to teach me how to work with different missionaries and different people.
- The Gift of Tongues (Communication) : This past week we again attended our favorite black missionary church’s bible study and they continued on the topic of Self Control and they related it a lot with the concept of FACEBOOK. My words to you family and to anyone reading this is to watch what you say. In these days it is written and kept written forever. Communication is powerful, yet can be used by those who are just and those who are unjust. It is all matter of self control and taming the natural man within us. After their words they did let us speak and I remember Elder Hoyt talked to them about spiritual and physical death which was something they really loved, and I talked a little about faith and just bore testimony. It was all really good.
I love being able to communicate through letters with my family and friends , and I love being able to write to y'all. Today was special cause we got lots of time to write letters. But I hope y'all stay warm, cause all of a sudden today it was 30 degrees! Thanks again for the turkey and trail mix. I hope you don't mind I gave some of the suckers on your turkey to other missionaries at the District meeting.. Wishing all y'all a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
-Love Elder Black - your son, Adam